Educational Conference Board (ECB) Papers/Letters
The importance of Foundation Aid
The continued call for $2.0 billion increase in school aid
Support for necessary adjustments in the Tax Cap
Opposition to expansion of funding for charter schools
Support for Career and Technical Education
Opposition to education voucher-like programs
New York’s Students Need a Foundation for Success and Opportunity and associated
The Gap Elimination Adjustment in the New State Budget
Oppose Increased Financial Support for the Charter Industry
Support School Success in Raising Student Achievement
Looking for Information about Education Reform in New York State?
This year we have been very busy. The governor threw us a curve ball this
year by tying the budget to education reform. In response to the governor’s
proposal which included keeping the state aid runs hostage, NYS responded on
our own and in partnership with the Educational Conference Board with:
- The following is a response by the NYS Congress of Parents and
Teachers (NYS PTA) to the six points described by Governor Cuomo in
outlining the Commission’s charge. Click
here to read the letter. Posted on 10/22/15
- NYS PTA responses to questions posed to a NYSSBA Panel by Timothy
Kremer, Executive Director of NYS School Boards Association, on October
19, 2015. Click
here to read NYS PTA responses presented by Executive Administrator
Rick Longhurst. Posted on 10/22/15
- Educational Conference Board position statements on School
Funding, Career and Technical Education and multiple Pathways to
Graduation, Property Tax Caps, Immigration and English Language Learners
and Challenges Associated with an Unplanned and Unanticipated Influx of
- ECB letters to Governor Cuomo requesting that Executive Budget
State Aid detail be released. Click
here for first letter. Click
here to read the follow-up letter.
- Letter of Response to the letter from the Governor’s
Operations Director Jim Malatras and Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch
stating NYS PTA positions and raising numerous policy questions. Click
here to read our letter of response.
- Press release from coalition of numerous groups stating
opposition to Education Investment Tax Credits.
- Blog posts documenting development of education reform issues now
under discussion. Click
here to read the Voice of NYS PTA.
- Testimony presented by Executive Administrator Rick Longhurst to the
NYS Joint Legislative Committees as reaction to the Governor’s Executive
proposals and reform agenda. Click
here to read.
- Letter to Governor Cuomo concerning his statement on failing
here to read.