Grants support STEM + Families initiative to increase student access to STEM experiences
ALEXANDRIA, Va., (Nov. 29, 2017)—National PTA is pleased to award over $97,000 in grants this fall to PTAs and schools across the country to engage families in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education. The grants are part of the association’s STEM + Families initiative.
“Family engagement is essential to strengthen STEM education, bridge the STEM gap and help all children realize their fullest potential,” said Jim Accomando, president of National PTA. “We are pleased to equip PTAs and schools nationwide with resources to engage families in STEM education and help foster children’s understanding of and excitement for STEM.”
Congratulations to the following NYS PTAs who have been award STEM + Families grants from National PTA!
- Oak Orchard Elementary, Medina
- Van Buren Elementary School, Baldwinsville
- Albert Leonard Middle School, New Rochelle
- Caroline G. Atkinson School, Freeport
- Webster Central School District, Webster
Also, congratulations to the following NYS PTAs who will be receiving STEM educational games!
- Jefferson Elementary School, Huntington
- Virginia Road Elementary School, White Plains
- Cobbles Elementary, Penfield
- Brockport Central School District, Brockport
- James S. Evans Elementary, Wappingers Falls
- School 16, Troy
- Deauville Gardens West Elementary, Copiague
- Plattekill Elementary School, Plattekill
- Countrywood Primary Center, Huntington Station