- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and associations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth;
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth;
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth; and
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
Making every child’s potential a reality by establishing the New York State Congress of Parents and Teachers, Inc. (NYS PTA) as the premier association for parent involvement and advocacy for all children.
PTA is a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for the education and wellbeing of every child.
- Every child deserves to have his/her basic needs met.
- Every child deserves an education designed to meet the child’s needs.
- Public education is the appropriate forum to prepare children for participation in a democratic society.
- Every child deserves our continued commitment to advocacy.
- PTA will take the lead in parent involvement by training parents to be partners in education.
- PTA will take the lead in promoting the value of parent involvement with the community and educational partners.
- We are responsible for identifying, understanding, and meeting the needs of our diverse membership.
- Educators are integral part of our association.
- Education and leadership training and self-evaluation are essential at all levels.
- Programs and materials should be provided to enhance parenting skills.
- Challenging oneself leads to growth.