NYS PTA’s grant gives innovative teachers the opportunity to put their ideas into action. It is awarded to worthy projects that significantly influence student learning. Grants may aim to introduce something new or provide enhancements to a current program, and project should be inclusive; not limited to a subset of students within a class or grade level.
- Applicants must be a PK-12 classroom teacher or special area teacher in a NYS public school or BOCES
- Each NYS PTA/PTSA/SEPTA (in good standing) may submit grant applications
- All students with a NYS PTA/PTSA/SEPTA in their school or district may also submit grant applications
Funds can be used for things such as: enrichment of curriculum, experiential or hands-on learning, or innovative programs which will directly or indirectly benefit students.
Examples: Building a classroom library; fostering a home–school partnership; improving reading and writing in authentic literacy contexts; bringing arts into the classroom; hands on science programming; mindfulness and mental health initiatives.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Clarity: are there clear and specific goals?
- Relevance: is the project age appropriate?
- Scope: is the project inclusive of all children within the classroom, school or community?
- Impact: will the project have a lasting benefit within the classroom, school or community?
- Originality: is the proposed project creative and innovative?
Grants will be awarded at $200, and funds must be spent on the items proposed in the original application.
Grants will not be awarded for the following:
- Personal computers, laptops and desktops, tablets, printers, scanners and/or other hardware
- Fees or travel associated with conferences, workshops or competitions
- Travel associated with field trips
- Promotional materials (example, t-shirts)
- Personal use
- Facilities improvement, permanent fixtures, hardware or curriculum that should be provided by the School District
- Online application – the application deadline has passed
- Application deadline: March 15, 2021
- Winners notified: TBD
#GivingTuesday to Fund Innovative Teacher Grant
Click here to donate today!