February 27, 2021 – 9 am – 12 pm – NEW virtual format!
Join NYS PTA members from across the state on February 27, 2021 for the new virtual Legislative Summit format.
Why attend? We need YOU to help us advocate!
You’ll hear from experts and PTA advocates on issues affecting children and how YOU can make a difference.
In February, date to be scheduled – Supporting the Whole Child: A Focus on Student Mental Health (webinar)
- Let’s Get Ready: 2021 NYS PTA Legislative Summit
- Preparing to Take Action with NYS PTA
Saturday, February 27, 2021, 9 am – 12 pm
- Training –Taking Action with NYS PTA
- Workshop – Digital and Tech Equity for Students, Families and Schools
- Workshop – The Issues
- Lack of, and discrepancies in, Mental Health Support for students
- State Budget and School Aid
- Opposition to the Legalization of Recreational-Use Marijuana
- Digital and Technology Equity and Access
Post-Summit Opportunities (Optional)
March 1-12 Legislator meetings with NYS PTA* representatives
*Note – Legislator meeting appointments will be about an hour and generally held during business hours, dependent upon the legislator’s schedule. Once meetings are scheduled, NYS PTA will reach out to you to confirm availability and the meeting details.