Join NYS PTA members from across the state in Albany from February 9-10, 2020 for Legislative Summit and Lobby Day!
- Click here to register
- Click here to book your hotel
- Click here to download a printable agenda [PDF]
Why come? We need YOU to help us advocate for:
- Mental health support for students and families
- Funding for enough guidance counselors, school nurses, arts and music for children
- Recovery High Schools and programs for students with substance use disorders
- School safety measures
- Opposition to the legalization of recreational marijuana
Sunday you’ll hear from experts in the field on issues affecting children and how YOU can make a difference.
Monday you’ll hit the halls in Albany and meet with your state legislators.
Sunday, February 9, 2020
12:30pm Registration and arrival at Hilton Hotel
1:30pm – 2:30pm Welcome Panel
2:30pm – 3:30pm Session 1: State Budget
3:30pm – 4:00pm Break (light snack and refreshments)
4:00pm – 5:00pm Session 2: Issues
5:15pm – 6:30pm Conversation with Commissioner
6:45pm – 7:30pm Dinner
7:30pm – 9:00pm How to Lobby Training
Monday, February 10, 2020
8:00am – 8:45am Breakfast / Lobby Day Group Planning
9:15am HOTEL (off property to Capitol building)
10:00am – 3:00pm Lobby Day appointments (lunch on your own)
IMPORTANT – your attendance is needed this year, we need a strong show of support for our children and schools.