PTA Your Way to support every child, with one voice and work towards making every child’s potential a reality!
Keep your seat at the table and have your voice heard today!
Click here to search for your Local PTA or Join Empire State PTSA, our statewide unit!
Each local PTA unit is an independent association that collaborates with its school, planning programs and activities to meet the needs of the children and youth in its community.
PTA is a 501(c)(3) organization – a not-for-profit organization operated exclusively for educational and charitable purposes. As FYI – PTA is nonsectarian, noncommercial and nonpartisan.
Did you know that when you join a PTA, you immediately become a member of both NYS PTA and National PTA as well as your local PTA unit? PTA members can attend conventions, workshops and leadership training opportunities. Structure is important, as each unit, council and region PTA has bylaws, elected officers and committees.
Experienced PTA leaders who volunteer at the region, state and National PTA levels provide support, encouragement, advice, programs, educational materials, publications, conferences, workshops and leadership training.
PTA members are advocates for the well-being of children and youth, and PTA unit activities should always maintain this focus.
PTA speaks for every child with one voice! Here are some other reasons to join PTA as member or become a PTA unit!
- Free family engagement platform for your PTA and school through MemberHub
- Parent and leadership materials, available on our website and sent via such as NYS PTA Connection and our Resource Guide
- Insurance costs just $350 for a 1 school building PTA that includes both General Liability and Directors and Officers coverage
- Automatic tax exempt status as a 501(c)(3) organization and FREE online 990 filing through file990.org, to make filing easier
- Access to PTA programs and awards, such as:
- Annual Convention, leadership conferences and other programs to support you as a parent leader
- A voice in Albany and in our nation’s Capital, as NYS PTA advocates daily on issues affecting our children at Lobby Days and other advocacy events
Since its organization in 1897, New York State PTA has long been recognized as a powerful force working for children. Add your voice to nearly 225,000 members across New York State.