REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Registration is open for the NYS 125th Annual Convention – Deadline to register, Sunday, October 24, 12:00pm!
You’ll celebrate, advocate, and collaborate with fellow PTA members from around the state in three action packed days, beginning Friday, November 19 at 3 pm, and ending Sunday, November 21 at 12 pm.
You can review the REGISTRATION PACKET for more details! Attend in-person or virtual! Either way, you’ll learn, grow, and lead!
You can REGISTER ONLINE HERE!
- A “Conversation with the Commissioner” of Education, Dr. Betty Rosa
- A keynote by NYS Teacher of the Year, Jennifer Wolfe
- Election of new State Leaders
- Spotlights and Panels on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Student Mental Health
- Voting on critical Resolutions on topics affecting children
- Collaborating and generating ideas in the in-person and virtual Exhibit Halls
- Attending dozens and dozens of workshops to help you grow as a PTA leader and member
- And most importantly, having fun!
JOIN US! Registration is a low $75 for virtual attendance, and as low as $150 for in-person attendance for the three days in Syracuse!
And reminder, NYS PTA Convention is an approved use of PTA funds. We hope to “see” you there!
NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE REPORT for 2021 NYS PTA Annual Convention. Note, there have been no additional nominations, and the nominations period is closed.
In-Person COVID Precautions
After reviewing current health and safety guidance from the state and CDC, we have decided on our COVID safety protocols for in-person attendance at Convention:
1. To attend in-person, you must either be fully vaccinated or have a negative rapid, PCR or antigen test within 72 hours of the start of convention.
- Proof of vaccination includes the NY State Excelsior Pass or your CDC Vaccine Card.
- Proof of negative test requires the print out of the lab report which should include your name, address, birthdate, and negative test status.
2. For general sessions and for meals, we are happy to share that we are able to distance sufficiently so no masks will be required for these venues, but you may choose to wear one if you wish.
3. For workshop sessions and other sessions where distancing is not possible, masks will be required at all times.
We are thrilled to be able to offer an in-person option, and are working diligently to ensure your health and safety. That is our number one priority!
Proposed Bylaws Amendments
One of the highlights of Annual Convention is voting on our Association Bylaws, which are our primary governing documents. As a delegate, you will be able to vote on these NYS PTA Bylaws Amendments.
Please take the time to read this document, and forward any questions to Pat Assortato, our 2021-2022 Bylaws Coordinator at email@example.com.
Resolutions are official NYS PTA positions and are the platform from which we advocate. All of our positions are located in Where We Stand, and Basic Policy, which gives a broader overview of general positions.
The committee has been preparing and researching the 5 Retentions, 11 Updates, and 3 Rescissions that will be voted on at Convention 2021 by the delegates state wide. We also have two new Resolutions for consideration!
Resolutions debate is one of the high points of annual convention. When you come together with other delegates to voice your views and act on your principles, you will feel the collective power of volunteers to make a difference for children and schools.
Please read this Letter to Delegates on Resolutions.
If you have any questions, please email our 2021 Resolutions Coordinator, Patrice Rachlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposed Convention Rules 2021
NYS PTA has negotiated a reduced room block rate for overnight accommodations!
Hotel Reservations are to be made on your own (under NYS PTA room block) at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown, using the hotel booking link below. Reserve before October 25, 2021 at the room rate of $159/night, per Standard room (not per person). Other room types available at additional costs. Availability of rooms can not be guaranteed after this date.
Hotel information: Marriott Syracuse Downtown, 100 East Onondaga Street, Syracuse, NY 13202
Check in: 4:00 pm; Check out: 12:00 pm, Hotel Phone Number: 315-474-2424
CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION (For any issues using this booking link, please call the hotel and ask for the Group Rooms Coordinator.)
Parking is available at a discounted fee of $5.00 per car, per night, in the adjacent parking lot.
Convention Fees have been released!
A) Total Conference – $325 (All meals & Conference Fees)
B) Saturday only – $250 (All Saturday Meals & Conference Fees)
C) Saturday Day Tripper only – $175 (Saturday Lunch & Conference Fees)
D) Conference only; Fri-Sun (NO Meals) – $150
E) Virtual participation only – $75
Schedule at at Glance
Convention Poster Search 2021
NYS PTA CONFERENCE 2020: Embrace Today, Shape Tomorrow
We are excited to share content from the 2020 Annual Conference!
- Workshops, Training and Spotlight Presentations on Diversity and Inclusion and Student Mental Health
- Amended NYS PTA Bylaws
- Resolutions Packet (all Resolutions were retained, updated and adopted)
- Press Release with Elected Officer Information
- Visit our YouTube channel for more Convention videos
- PARP Your Way! – Presentation
- Child Development 101: What Parents Need to Know to Promote Mental Health and Wellness- Presentation
- Membership Your Way – Advocating for Children – Presentation
- Raising Financially Literate Kids – Presentation
- See Through the Vapor: E-cigarettes and the Youth Vaping Epidemic – Presentation
- Getting Organized with Robert’s Rules – Presentation
- PTA President Survival Manual – Presentation
- A Parent’s Guide to Navigating COVID-19 Education – Presentation
- How to Host Virtual PTA Events Successfully Using Modern Technology – Presentation
- Conflict Support and Resolution – Presentation
- Parents, Teachers and Counselors: Working Together for the Needs of Your Child – Presentation
- How to Rally for Kids – Presentation
- Icebreakers and Team Building – Presentation
- Family Engagement Challenge: How to Include All Families in Your PTA – Presentation
- Looking Within for Leaders – Presentation
- Intersectionality: Discussions on Diversity, Privilege, and Identity – Presentation
- Challenging Times: How Can PTA Support You? – Presentation
- The “T” in PTA: Working as a Team During a Pandemic – Presentation
- MemberHub Advanced – Beyond the Basics – Presentation
- MemberHub Store 2.0 – Presentation
- Back to School and Germ Prevention in the New Normal – Presentation
- PTA the Best Way – Presentation
- Every Child Healthy: Supporting Your Child’s Health and Wellness – Presentation
- YouTube Kids Digital Parenting – Presentation