NYS PTA is proud to announce that 19 NYS PTA Units have been named National PTA Schools of Excellence.
Here are New York’s 2018-2020 School of Excellence designees:
- Albany Avenue PTA, North Massapequa, NY (Nassau Region)
- Circleville Elementary School PTA, Circleville, NY (Central Hudson Region)
- Delevan Elementary PTA, Delevan, NY (Southwestern Region)
- Division Street School PTA, Saratoga Springs, NY (Northeastern Region)
- Dutch Broadway Elementary School PTA, Elmont, NY (Nassau Region)
- George H McVey PTA, East Meadow, NY (Nassau Region)
- Gowana Middle School PTA, Clifton Park, NY (Northeastern Region)
- Hamburg Central PTSA, Hamburg, NY (Western Region)
- Heim Middle PTA, Williamsville, NY (Western Region)
- Huth Road PTA, Grand Island, NY (Niagara Region)
- Lenox PTA, Baldwin, NY (Nassau Region)
- Lincoln Thomas PTA, Crompond, NY (Westchester-East Putnam Region)
- Lyndonville Centralized PTSA, Lyndonville, NY (Niagara Region)
- Maple West Elementary PTA, Williamsville, NY (Western Region)
- Milton Terrace Elementary School PTA, Ballston Spa, NY (Northeastern Region)
- Ogden Elementary PTA, Valley Stream, NY (Nassau Region)
- Plaza PTA, Baldwin, NY (Nassau Region)
- Springville Elementary School PTA, Springville, NY (Western Region)
- Van Cortlandtville Elementary School PTA, Cortlandt Manor, NY (Westchester-East Putnam Region)
PTAs, partnered with school administrators, teachers and staff, are awarded this distinction for making a year-long commitment to identifying and implementing an action plan for school improvement based on PTA’s National Standards for Family-School Partnerships.
“This is an exciting day for these 19 schools, their students, families, educators, and staff,” said Gracemarie Rozea, NYS PTA President. “Each of these schools has made a real commitment to meaningful family engagement and the officers and members of these units should be extremely proud of their accomplishment.”
“It’s wonderful to see PTAs from around the state achieve this high designation and join other PTAs from around the country in implementing real Family-School partnerships,” Kyle Belokopitsky, NYS PTA Executive Director added.