NYS PTA is excited to share that at the virtual 124th NYS PTA Conference, NYS PTA members from across the state unanimously elected new association officers.
The following NYS PTA Officers have been elected to new terms:
- Dana Platin, NYS PTA President, from Holbrook, NY
- Helen Hoffman, NYS PTA 1st Vice President, from Franklin Square, NY
- Amany Messieha Dgheim, NYS PTA Vice President, from Airmont, NY
- Kelly Short, NYS PTA Vice President, from Holbrook, NY
- Melissa Cancro, NYS PTA Secretary, from Yorktown Heights, NY
Joining the newly elected officers are the following NYS PTA Officers currently serving:
- Lucille Vitale, NYS PTA Vice President, from Massapequa Park, NY
- Patricia Frazier, NYS PTA Treasurer, from Williamsville, NY
President Dana Platin has been a longtime PTA volunteer, starting her journey in 1994 as a member of the Merrimac Elementary PTA. She served in various roles at her local PTA including President, before serving on the Suffolk Region Board of Directors. Dana then joined the NYS PTA Governance Team and NYS PTA Board of Directors, most recently serving as NYS PTA Vice President.
Dana, a former kindergarten teacher, is currently working as a kindergarten classroom assistant for the Sachem Central School District and resides in Holbrook with her husband, Michael. They are the proud parents of Brittany, Tyler, Alexander, and his wife, Nicole.
Read the full press release here.