JULY 21, 2021 – 6:00PM-9:00PM
Summer Leadership Conference (known as SLC) is an annual event designed to provide training and programs to all local PTA members, helping them to establish grass-roots advocacy in their schools and preparing them to be key leaders in their education community.
Due to COVID-19, Summer Leadership Conference was re-imagined for this year to a one-day, three-hour virtual conference, on Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
The schedule opened with a General Session – a presentation on General Child Wellness, three workshop sessions, a Virtual Exhibit Hall, and concluded with prizes! Preview the Workshop titles and descriptions here!
The all-new SLC Virtual Exhibit Hall is available through August 21, 2021! Be sure to visit each of the weblinks listed!
Preview the Workshop titles and descriptions here!
- How Can We Help? Making PTA Accessible to Everyone
- Men Can and Should PTA Too!
- Get Your PTA Board on Board!
- Bylaws for Region Bylaws Chairs & Region Directors
- Awards! They’re Not Just for Celebrities!
- Financial Literacy
- Conflict Support and Resolution
- You’re the PTA President! Now What?
- New MemberHub Enhancements Overview
- Tech Toolkit: Free & Low-Cost Tools to Improve Organizational Effectiveness
- Tech Toolkit Slides
- Region Boardsmanship
- Reimagining Literacy in our New School Environments
- Membership Mindset
- Hot Topics in Education
- 30 Point Check Up
- 30 Point Check Up Slides
- 30 Point Check Up PDF
- Recruiting and Supporting New Leaders
- Nominations and Elections – It’s a Mystery to Me
- MemberHub for Region Board Members
- Tips and Tricks for a Successful Membership Year
- Taking Your Team from Good to Great
- Running a Reflections Program
- Special Education in the New Norm: 2021 and Beyond
- Your Unit Budget from Start to Finish
- How to Run an Effective Meeting
- Advocacy 101: Shining a Light on Advocacy
ATTENTION TEACHERS and SCHOOL RELATED PROFESSIONALS
New York State PTA is now an approved provider of Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) for education professionals!