LifeVac CEO and Founder, Arthur Lih was determined to develop a choking rescue device after hearing about a woman devastated by the death of her young son. A grape was lodged in her 7-year-old boys’ windpipe and the Heimlich maneuver failed, and the young boy died. This led to Arthur Lih’s mission to bring this life-saving apparatus to market that currently has saved 127 lives.
LifeVac should be in every home, schools, disability organizations, police and fire departments, restaurants, nursing homes, and airplanes. We are on a mission to save a million lives around the world.
LifeVac protects your loved ones in a choking emergency
LifeVac is a non-powered, non-invasive, single-use only airway clearance device developed for resuscitating a victim with an airway obstruction when current choking protocols have been followed without success.
LifeVac has a one-way valve that does not allow any air to enter a choking victim on the downward motion. LifeVac comes fully equipped with an adult mask, a pediatric mask, and a practice mask. The duration of the suction is minimal which makes LifeVac safe and effective. LifeVac is easy to use in an obstructed airway emergency. Free online training is available. LifeVac is equipped to be used on persons starting at 22 pounds utilizing the pediatric mask.
• A leading cause of death in children
• 5,000 deaths yearly
• One child dies every 5 days from choking
• Leads to 100,000 visits to the ER yearly
• Over 100 million Americans have no defense against aspiration emergencies due to pregnancy, disability, obesity, or being alone
• More people die from aspirating than die in fires, drowning or accidental shootings
• A leading cause of accidental deaths in persons over the age of 65
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
• 0-4 minutes: Brain damage unlikely
• 4-6 minutes: Brain damage possible
• 6-10 minutes: Brain damage probable
• 10 minutes +: Probably brain death
• Average emergency response time is 7 to 12 minutes
• Of all choking deaths in 2000, 41% caused by food, 59% by nonfood items (balloons, etc)
• Candy is associated with 19% ER visits for aspiration emergencies – 65% due to hard candy and 35% gummy bears, chocolate, caramel, etc.
• Coins were responsible for 18% of ER visits for children age 1 to 4 years
LifeVac has saved 124 lives around the world. Visit our website to read testimonials from caregivers and families who saved children and adults in a choking emergency.
Protect your loved ones, Protect your children’s school
A choking emergency can happen in the blink of an eye. Choking is the leading cause of accidental death for children in school. One Child dies every 5 days from choking. 5,000 people die each year in the United States in choking tragedies. Choking is a leading cause of death in people over 65 years old. LifeVac is a single-use, airway clearance device that has saved lives all around the world.
Always be prepared with LifeVac, which is designed to remove an airway obstruction in a choking emergency. It’s an essential device just as important as your first aid kit. Free online training is offered here. A non-powered, non-invasive portable suction device, LifeVac is designed with a patented one-way valve that does not allow any air to enter a choking victim on the downward motion, which prevents air from pushing food or objects downward. This creates a one-way suction to remove the lodged food or object. Several medical journals have peer-reviewed articles attesting to LifeVac’s proven effectiveness.
LifeVac is the first aid device that saves lives. What do you do when the Heimlich Maneuver fails? It is as easy as Place, Push, Pull.
Dr. Timothy Coakley, a 30 year Naval emergency doctor, shares his experience with Lifevac as a medical instrument that saves lives.