Governor Cuomo and the State Education Department have issued the following guidance on school closure:
NEW Yellow, Orange and Red School Zones
- Information for schools on staying open in a Orange or Red Zone (official guidance)
- Information for schools on staying open in a Yellow Zone (official guidance)
- Maps of micro-clusters
- The NYS Education Department has Reopening Guidance for all NYS schools. Schools submitted their Reopening Plans by July 31 to SED.
- FAQs are available as well on reopening.
- The Department of Health has issued Reopening Health Guidance for all NYS schools. This health guidance is reflected in the SED Guidance as well.
- The NYS Board of Regents have cancelled the June 2020, the August 2020, and the January 2021 Regents Exams, please see here and below for more guidance on this and an FAQ document.
- The NYS Board of Regents have drastically reduced the June 2021 Regents examinations, read more HERE.
- The College Board has moved to an online test. See HERE for more information.
NY Pause – Governor Cuomo issued a NY Forward report which details opening information. As things change, we will keep you informed.
State Education Department FAQ Document on graduation changes