Governor Cuomo and the State Education Department have issued the following guidance on school closure:
- NEW – The NYS Education Department has Reopening Guidance for all NYS schools. Schools must submit their Reopening Plans by July 31 to SED.
- NEW – FAQs are available as well on reopening.
- NEW – The Department of Health has issued Reopening Health Guidance for all NYS schools. This health guidance is reflected in the SED Guidance as well.
- 5/1/20 UPDATE – All NYS K-12 schools are now physically closed until the end of the school year.
- During this time, schools must have a plan in place to provide for continued instruction and meal services for students.
- School board elections and budget votes have been postponed until June 9, and will be conducted by absentee ballot.
- The NYS Board of Regents have cancelled the June 2020 and the August 2020 Regents Exams, please see here and below for more guidance on this and an FAQ document.
- The College Board has moved to an online test. See HERE for more information.
NY Pause – Governor Cuomo issued a NY Forward report which details opening information. As things change, we will keep you informed.
State Education Department FAQ Document on graduation changes