We had an amazing time celebrating, advocating, and collaborating with fellow PTA members from around the state for three action packed days, November 2021.
- A “Conversation with the Commissioner” of Education, Dr. Betty Rosa
- Election of new State Leaders
- Spotlights and Panels on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Student Mental Health
- Voting on critical Resolutions on topics affecting children
- Collaborating and generating ideas in the in-person and virtual Exhibit Halls
- Attend dozens of workshops to help you grow as a PTA leader and member
- And most importantly, having fun!
Proposed Bylaws Amendments
One of the highlights of Annual Convention is voting on our Association Bylaws, which are our primary governing documents. As a delegate, you will be able to vote on these NYS PTA Bylaws Amendments.
Any questions on Bylaws, contact Pat Assortato, our NYS PTA Bylaws Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resolutions are official NYS PTA positions and are the platform from which we advocate. All of our positions are located in Where We Stand, and Basic Policy, which gives a broader overview of general positions.
The committee presented 5 Retentions, 11 Updates, and 3 Rescissions that were voted on at Convention 2021 by the delegates state wide. We also had two new Resolutions for consideration!
Resolutions debate is one of the high points of annual convention. When you come together with other delegates to voice your views and act on your principles, you will feel the collective power of volunteers to make a difference for children and schools.
Please read this Letter to Delegates on Resolutions.
If you have any questions, please email the NYS PTA Resolutions Coordinator, Patrice Rachlin, at email@example.com.