PTA supports every child, with one voice and works toward making every child’s potential a reality!
Check out new Podcasts for parents by parents, Notes from the Backpack here!
Check out this AMAZING #WhyPTA Video
Did you know? NYS PTA is the oldest and largest volunteer organization supporting children, proudly serving New York’s children and families for more than 120 years.
Check out these top reasons Why PTA Makes A Difference!
Each local PTA unit is an independent association that collaborates with its schools, planning its programs and activities to meet the needs of the children and youth in its community.
PTA is a 501(c)(3) organization – a not-for-profit organization operated exclusively for educational and charitable purposes. As FYI – PTA is nonsectarian, noncommercial and nonpartisan.
NYS PTA members are a part of both the state and National PTA and can attend conventions, workshops and leadership training opportunities. Structure is important, as each unit, council and region PTA has bylaws, elected officers and committees
Experienced PTA leaders who volunteer at the region, state and National PTA levels provide support, encouragement, advice, programs, educational materials, publications, conferences, workshops and leadership training.
PTA members are advocates for the well-being of children and youth, and unit activities should always maintain this focus.
PTA speaks for every child with one voice! Here are some other reasons to join PTA as member or become a PTA unit!
- Free family engagement website for your PTA and school with MemberHub
- Parent and leadership materials, available on our website and in emails and materials such as NYS PTA Connection and our Resource Guide
- Member benefits, such as:
- discounts on movies, events, restaurants
- access to online safe social media for children
- free math nights for your school
- national discounts from businesses like Staples, Hertz and Good Housekeeping
- Insurance costs just $300 for a PTA unit and includes both general liability and Directors and Officers coverage
- Automatic tax exempt status as a 501(c)(3) organization and new FREE online filing system, file990.org, to make filing easier
- Access to PTA programs and awards, such as:
- Reflections Art Program
- Pick a Reading Partner Program
- Student awards and scholarships like the Youth Humanitarian Award and the Jenkins Scholarship
- Teacher awards like the Gazzola Fellowship
- Region and State volunteers to help when you may need a hand
- Annual Convention, leadership conferences and other programs to support you as a parent leader
- A voice in Albany and in our nation’s Capital, as NYS PTA advocates daily on issues affecting our children at Lobby Days and other advocacy events
Most importantly, you will have a built-in support system of 300,000 like-minded advocates and other parents and families where you can share information and network.