For over 50 years, students have been creating original works of art of their own Reflections expressing their hopes, their feelings, and worlds.
The National PTA Reflections Program welcomes students of all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Students reflect on a theme and create original works of art in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. Students earn positive recognition for their achievements.
Encourage your school community to imagine, create and celebrate with Reflections!
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Reflections 2019-2020 Theme:
Get started on this years’ program today!
More updated info coming soon!
Reflections Materials Guide
[click on the information you want]
- 5 Steps to Start Your Reflections Program
- Forms, Rules, Guides
- Theme Search 2021-2022
- Reflections Arts Grant from National PTA
- Previous Reflections Winners
- Region Reflections Art Drop-off Deadlines and Chairs
- Official Rules [English – Spanish – Mandarin – Haitian-Creole – Arabic]
- Dance [English – Spanish – Mandarin – Haitian-Creole – Arabic]
- Film [English – Spanish – Mandarin – Haitian-Creole – Arabic]
- Literature [English – Spanish – Mandarin – Haitian-Creole – Arabic]
- Music Composition [English – Spanish – Mandarin – Haitian-Creole – Arabic]
- Photography [English – Spanish – Mandarin – Haitian-Creole – Arabic]
- Visual Arts [English – Spanish – Mandarin – Haitian-Creole – Arabic]
- Special Artist [English – Spanish – Mandarin – Haitian-Creole – Arabic]
- Reflections Chair Planner [English – Spanish]
- Local Leader’s Guide [English – Spanish]
- Volunteer Sign-Up Sheet [English – Spanish]
- Judges/Reviewers Packet [English – Spanish]
- Celebration Guide [English – Spanish]
- Call for Entries: 2020 PTA Reflections Program
- Who Was Mary Lou Anderson?
- What is Reflections?
- Quotes About PTA Reflections
- PTA Reflections: Outstanding Interpretation Winners 2018-2019
- PTA Reflections 50th Anniversary
- PTA Reflections: Heroes Around Me Digital Exhibit 2018-2019
Region Reflections Chairs and Dropoff Deadlines
|#||Region||Deadline||Region Reflections Chair|
|4||Central Hudson||12/7/19||Vicki Gill|
|5||Suffolk||12/6 – 12/7/2019||Joan Wabnick|
|7||Genesse Valley||11/18/2019||Lynn Moulton|
|10||Nassau||12/2-12/3/19||Marie Saint Vil|
|12||Northeastern||12/9/19 + 12/11/19||Jennifer Collazo|
|14||South Central||n/a||Janet Huie – Region Director|
|15||Southeastern||12/13/2019||Kelly Howe – Region Director|
|18||Westchester-East Putnam||12/12-12/13/19||Melissa Cancro|
National PTA is looking for the 2021-2022 Reflections Program Theme.
Is your PTA challenging students to submit ideas to the National PTA Theme Search Contest? Find out more HERE!
Reflections Theme for 2019-2020 is Look Within.
Reflections Theme for 2020-2021 is I Matter Because…
- Social Media/Website Images
Mary Lou Anderson Reflections Arts Enhancement Grant
This grant from National PTA awards two local PTAs with $1,000 in matching funds for student-centered programs that increase access to high-quality arts learning experiences and provides new pathways for students to participate in Reflections. In line with Mary Lou Anderson’s belief in the importance of the arts for all students, this grant opportunity places special emphasis on increasing access to arts education among at-risk and under-served students.
2018-19 NYS PTA Reflections Winners
Award of Excellence Winners (from National PTA)
- Jason Kasnicki from Casey Middle School PTSA; Music Composition – Intermediate; Western
- Griffin Hon from Harry B. Thompson Middle School PTSA; Film Production – Middle School; Nassau
- Isabella Ramirez from Floral Park Memorial High School PTSA; Dance Choreography – High School; Nassau
- Ruby King from Richard P. Connor PTA; Visual Arts- Primary; Central Hudson
Award of Merit Winners (from National PTA)
- Isabel Ramsey from Medina Central School PTSA; Visual Arts – High School; Niagara
- Alexandra Francois from Plaza PTA; Dance Choreography – Intermediate; Nassau
- Nicole Champlin from Martha Brown PTSA; Music Composition-Middle School; Genesee Valley
- Giovanni Mincin from Polk Street School PTA; Music Composition-Primary; Nassau
Congratulations to all our New York State 2019 Reflections Award of Excellence and Award of Merit winners.