PTA Connected with Facebook: Digital Families Community Events
At a Digital Families Community Events, you can expect to:
Participate in an interactive presentation that includes statistics on social media and technology use
Work through three conversation-based sessions to explore how your family responds to real life online interactions and situations
Share key takeaways with your entire PTA community at the end of the event
Receive online resources and tools to continue the conversation at home and in your community
Facebook Get Digital!
As more people move to distance learning in response to COVID-19 and young people spend more time on their devices, tools and resources to support parents have grown increasingly important. We’re excited to announce that Facebook has launched their new digital citizenship and wellbeing resource called Get Digital! The Get Digital program is designed to support educators, parents and caregivers in helping young people navigate the digital world in safe ways, and we’re proud to bring it to you.
Get Digital will provide you with conversation starters, pro tips, research-based lessons and fun activities organized around five pillars:
- Foundations: Using basic skills to protect personal information and data
- Wellness: Promoting health, wellbeing and resiliency when using technology
- Engagement: Evaluating media sources and building safe, inclusive communities
- Empowerment: Using the power of technology and social media to create positive change
- Opportunities: Developing a digital skill set to prepare for future careers in technology
Start using Get Digital today by visiting www.facebook.com/fbgetdigital/parents.
PTA Connected with Facebook Grant
Curious what it means to be a grantee? Check out what some of our 2018-2019 grantees were able to accomplish in this slideshow:
PTA Connected provides you with flyers, volunteer forms, an event planning checklist, email templates, sample agendas, evaluation forms and much more.
The following toolkit materials make planning and executing your event simple, easy and fun. Click to expand each section and download materials to help you host a Digital Family Community Event.
Presentation and facilitator guides for Digital Families Community Events were developed in partnership with the Youth and Media team at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society. Updates to the presentation and facilitator guides were made in Spring 2020 to match the new Get Digital curriculum from Facebook,
- Event Planning Guide (en español)
- Event Overview Guide (en español)
- Talking Points for PTA Leader (en español)
- Invitation to Volunteer (en español)
- Volunteer Sign-up Sheet
- Tips for Recruiting Non-PTA Volunteers
- Creating a group on Facebook (to organize volunteers and supplies)
- How to Tell Your Story
- Morning Announcement (en español)
- Backpack Flyer (en español)
- Creating an event on Facebook
- Event Invitation Email (en español)
- Flyer Template (en español)
- Letter to Elected Officials (en español)
- Press Release- Local PTA (en español)
- Media Advisory template
- Sample Social Media Posts (en español)
- How to Place a Facebook Ad
- Authorized Logos: Icon, Full PTA Connected Logo
- Use these logos as pictures to post alongside your social media posts
- Example Promotion Graphic
- PowerPoint Presentation (en español) ★
- Main Presentation Script (en español) ★
- Healthy Habits
- Online Presence
- Password Strategies
- Building Empathy
- Privacy and You
- Family Tech Talk
- Ask a Student Center
- Breakout Session Example Walk-Through
- Shooting a Facebook live
- Photo Consent Form
- Supplemental Reading List
- This is something you can send out via email before the event, hand out at the event, or send in an email as a follow-up
- Sample Thank You Letters for Volunteers (en español)
- Program Leader Feedback Form
- To be completed by the PTA leader in charge of putting on this event
- Attendee Post-Event Survey
For help navigating Facebook with your family, bookmark the following portals:
Check out PTA.org/Connected throughout the year for new and exciting programs and resources from National PTA to help your family grow in the digital space.
Digital Families Community Events are a part of the PTA Connected initiative made possible with the support of Founding Sponsorship from Facebook. National PTA does not endorse any commercial entity, product, or service. No endorsement of Facebook is implied.
NYS PTA Attendee Prize Word – Connected
As reminder, please input this Prize Word into the “Prize Submission Form” on the “Resources” Tab!