National PTA School of Excellence is a recognition program that supports and celebrates partnerships between PTAs and schools to enrich the educational experience and overall well-being for all students.
Congratulations to New York State PTA’s 2019-21 National Schools of Excellence!
- Mount Morris PTSA in Mount Morris NY – Genesee Valley Region
- Northside Elementary School PTA in Farmingdale NY – Nassau Region
- Old Bethpage PTA in Old Bethpage NY – Nassau Region
- Plaza PTA in Baldwin NY – Nassau Region
- Stanley D. Saltzman East Memorial PTA in Farmingdale NY – Nassau Region
- Woodward Parkway Elementary PTA in Farmingdale NY – Nassau Region
- Gordon Creek Elementary PTA in Ballston Spa NY – Northeastern Region
- Lake Avenue Elementary PTA in Saratoga Springs NY – Northeastern Region
- Shenendehowa High School PTSA in Clifton Park NY – Northeastern Region
- Wood Road Elementary School PTA in Ballston Spa NY – Northeastern Region
- Merrimac School PTA in Holbrook NY – Suffolk Region
- Horsemen PTA in Sleepy Hollow NY – Westchester-East Putnam Region
- Country Parkway Elementary School PTA in Williamsville NY – Western Region
- Hamburg Central PTSA in Hamburg NY – Western Region
- Maple East Elementary PTA in Western Region – Western Region
What Does it Take to Become a National PTA School of Excellence?
By enrolling in this program, your PTA and school administrators are making a year-long commitment in identifying and implementing an action plan for school improvement based on PTA’s National Standards for Family-School Partnerships.
Schools that exhibit improvement are honored as National PTA Schools of Excellence, a distinction that spans two years. Honorees receive celebration tools well as automatic consideration for the Phoebe Apperson Hearst award of $2000 for their schools. After two years, schools are able and encouraged to renew their designation.
Your School of Excellence designation will help attract new, action-oriented PTA members who want to focus on the issues that affect our children the most. And being a National PTA School of Excellence will open the door to other honors and opportunities for your school.
Steps to Becoming a National PTA School of Excellence
Step #1: Enroll and Gain Support (Enroll by Oct. 1)
Step #2: Deploy Baseline Survey (Sep. — Nov.)
Step #3: Set a Shared Objective (Sep. — Nov.)
Step #4: Complete Initial Application (Submit by Nov. 1)
Step #5: Follow Roadmap to Excellence (Throughout School Year)
Step #6: Deploy Final Survey (March — June)
Step #7: Complete Final Application (Submit by June 1)
Step #8: Celebrate Your Excellence (Aug.)