For over 120 years, National PTA has been encouraging families to get more involved in their child’s education. Help us celebrate PTA’s long legacy of family engagement during National PTA’s Take Your Family to School Week—Feb. 11-17, 2018.
Check back in the fall for this year’s theme, promotional templates and Take Your Family to School Week grant information!
Want to Get Started Early? Decide Now What Events You’ll Host During Take Your Family to School Week
Do you want to host a breakfast or lunch, so families can enjoy a meal with their kids? Do you want to host a school concert or other performance for families? Do you want to open up the classrooms so families can listen in on lessons? Are you just not sure where to start?
National PTA has many fun, pre-planned family education events for you to choose from:
- Family Reading Experience (Powered by Kindle): Engage the whole family in reading activities. (Grades K-5)
- The Smart Talk: Create a family agreement together outlining the ground rules for how children will use their smartphones and devices safely and responsibly. (Grades K-12)
- Safety Toolkit: Use a series of lesson plans and take-home tip sheets to teach families about poison, fire, playground and bike safety. (Grades K-5)
- Multicultural Event Guide: Plan an event where students, families and school staff are educated about the various cultures represented within your school community. (Grades K-12)
- Creative Career Fair Event Guide: Help connect a student’s current interest in the arts with tomorrow’s career potential. (Grades K-12)
- Host healthy events like a health fair, fun , healthy cooking class or playground clean up. (Grades K-12)