In this section of the website you will find the tools needed to provide programs for your members and students and to run your PTA.
- Awards and Recognitions – New York State PTA offers many ways to recognize outstanding people and programs.
- Parent Resources – In this section of the website you will find resources on numerous topics for parents pertaining to parent involvement, engaging educators, and helping students.
- Literacy (Pick a Reading Partner) – In this section of the website you will find resources on literacy and our Pick a Reading Partner (PARP) program.
- Arts and Reflections – In this section of the website you will find resources on arts and the National PTA Reflections program.
- Family Engagement – Family Engagement is a school-family partnership that raises student achievement, improves school and community, and increases public support.
- File990.org – File 990 is a free, fast, easy, and safe way for units, councils and regions to to e-file 990-N or 990 EZ forms.
- Every Child Travels Safely – This safely initiative will focus on transportation safety and see that children and caregivers increase safety in all aspects of child travel.
- Alliance Partner Programs – NYS PTA’s Strategic Alliance Partners offer many programs and services for members!
- Other National PTA Programs – National PTA has other programs available to states and local PTA Units.
This will ultimately help your unit and membership meet those beliefs listed below:
- Every child deserves to have his/her basic needs met.
- Every child deserves an education designed to meet the child’s needs.
- Public education is the appropriate forum to prepare children for participation in a democratic society.
- Every child deserves our continued commitment to advocacy.
- PTA will take the lead in parent involvement by training parents to be partners in education.
- PTA will take the lead in promoting the value of parent involvement with the community and educational partners.
- We are responsible for identifying, understanding, and meeting the needs of our diverse membership.
- Educators are integral part of our association.
- Education and leadership training and self-evaluation are essential at all levels.
- Programs and materials should be provided to enhance parenting skills.
- Challenging oneself leads to growth.