Has this happened to you? You intended to go to the PTA training, but you a) got home late; b) couldn’t find a sitter; c) were too tired for a long drive at night.
The Solution is Here: NYS PTA Webinars!
NYS PTA is hosting a series of webinar trainings for local and region PTA leaders. You can train at home, with a friend, or at a PTA meeting; all you need is a computer with good internet connection or a phone to participate via conference call. Details on how to participate will be e-mailed prior to each webinar session.
All leadership webinars are recorded so you can watch them anytime. You can also download all the presentation slides and follow along. Scroll down to view the previous webinars and download the slides.
Upcoming 2018-19 Leadership Webinars
Are you interested in attending a webinar? Please email email@example.com to reserve your spot and get login info early.
Discover how you can work with school leadership to raise concerns, institute new ideas, and implement changes in your school building. Learn what it means to be an advocate, how to work with PTA members to raise parent concerns, and what information you’ll need to meet successfully with administrators or school board. You’ll learn how the process works as we follow a specific issue from start to finish.
February 28, 2019 – Nominations and Elections
Learn all about the job of the nominating committee and the way to conduct a successful PTA election, including how to form the nominating committee, help it function properly, run a valid election, handle nominations from the floor, and deal with any difficulties that arise.
April 3, 2019 – Transitions & Transformations: Effective Transitions for your PTA
In running 21st century PTAs, we need to ensure we welcome and support incoming leaders effectively. At the same time, we must effectively recognize and guide outgoing leaders as well. Learn how to achieve greater levels of inclusivity, effective timing, and interpersonal and
communication skills to improve your unit/council/region board transitions.
2018-19 Leadership Webinars
September 26, 2018 – Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers
- Presentation slides for Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers webinar
- Recording of Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers webinar
October 9, 2018 – Bylaws and Procedures: Navigating the Way through Your PTA
2017-18 Leadership Webinars
September 28, 2017: Building Great Relationships with School and District Leadership
- Presentation slides for Building Great Relationships with School and District Leadership webinar
- Recording of Building Great Relationships with School and District Leadership webinar
October 25, 2017: Fiscal Fitness for Units: A Guide for Treasurers
- Presentation slides for Fiscal Fitness for Units: A Guide for Treasurers webinar
- Recording of Fiscal Fitness for Units: A Guide for Treasurers webinar
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation Form
January 17, 2018: “Be It Resolved”…Time for Resolutions!
- Presentation slides for “Be It Resolved”…Time for Resolutions! webinar
- Recording of “Be It Resolved”…Time for Resolutions! webinar
February 7, 2018: Nominations and Elections
- Presentation slides for Nominations and Elections webinar
- Recording of Nominations and Elections webinar
April 19, 2018: Creating an Inclusive Culture of Volunteer Engagement
- Presentation slides for Creating an Inclusive Culture of Volunteer Engagement webinar
- Recording of Creating an Inclusive Culture of Volunteer Engagement webinar
May 23, 2018: Dealing with Difficult People and Conflicts