Has this happened to you? You intended to go to the PTA training, but you a) got home late; b) couldn’t find a sitter; c) were too tired for a long drive at night.
The Solution is Here: NYS PTA Webinars!
NYS PTA is hosting a series of webinar trainings for local and region PTA leaders. You can train at home, with a friend, or at a PTA meeting; all you need is a computer with good internet connection or a phone to participate via conference call. Details on how to participate will be e-mailed prior to each webinar session.
All leadership webinars are recorded so you can watch them anytime. You can also download all the presentation slides and follow along. Scroll down to view the previous webinars and download the slides.
Please email RSVP@nyspta.org to reserve your spot today! You will also receive all the materials and login information early.
2019-20 Leadership Webinars
NYS PTA proudly announces a third series of webinar training for local and region PTA leaders in 2019-20.
You will find it easy to train at home, at a PTA meeting, or with friends anywhere – all you need is a computer with a good internet connection, or a phone for a conference call.
Here’s a quick look at the schedule of upcoming topics:
Family Engagement: Welcoming All Families in your School Community – Wed., November 13 @ 7:30 pm
Our school communities are becoming more and more diverse. Learn how to connect with your families and create an open and welcoming environment. If people feel comfortable and welcome they are more apt to become involved.
Building Great Relationships with School and District Leadership – Wed., December 18 @ 7:30 pm
Discover how you can work with school leadership to raise concerns, institute new ideas, and implement changes in your school building. Learn what it means to be an advocate in your school district, how to work with PTA members to raise parent concerns, and what information you’ll need to meet successfully with administrators or school boards.
The Region PTA: All about Region PTAs and what they do – Wed., January 15 @ 7:30 pm
Ever wonder how you can get that PTA question answered (from a reliable source)? Or who could help you with any issues you may be having with your PTA? One of the resources provided by NYS PTA is an appointed local leader in your area, a Region Director who oversees the Region PTA. Region PTAs can be of great assistance and provide training and other resources to your unit/council. Or, maybe you know about your Region PTA and are ready to take the next step in your PTA journey but aren’t sure of how to become a part of the Region PTA. Join us for an informative discussion on what YOUR Region PTA does, how it can help and how you can become a part of a Region board!
Nominations and Elections – Tues., February 25 @ 7:30 pm
Learn all about the job of the nominating committee and the way to conduct a successful PTA election, including how to form the nominating committee, help it function properly, run a valid election, handle nominations from the floor, and deal with any difficulties that arise.
Questions? Contact Antoinette Darden-Cintron at firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Leadership Webinars
October 16, 2019 – Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers
- Presentation slides for Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers webinar
- Recording of Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers webinar
- 30-point checklist for Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers webinar
October 9, 2018 – Bylaws and Procedures: Navigating the Way through Your PTA
November 15, 2018 – Together is Better: Your Building‐Unit Partnership in Advocacy
- Presentation slides for Together is Better: Your Building‐Unit Partnership in Advocacy
- Recording of Together is Better: Your Building‐Unit Partnership in Advocacy webinar
February 28, 2019 – Nominations and Elections
- Presentation slides for Nominations and Elections webinar
- Recording of Nominations and Elections webinar
- Nominating Committee Checklist
- Letter to the Membership
- Sample Recommendation Form
- PTA Leadership Handout
- Sample Acceptance Letter
- Sample Report of the Nominating Committee
- Resource Guide Section 7 – Bylaws and Procedures
April 3, 2019 – Transitions & Transformations: Effective Transitions for your PTA
- Presentation slides for the Transitions & Transformations webinar
- Recording of Transitions & Transformations webinar
September 28, 2017: Building Great Relationships with School and District Leadership
- Presentation slides for Building Great Relationships with School and District Leadership webinar
- Recording of Building Great Relationships with School and District Leadership webinar
January 17, 2018: “Be It Resolved”…Time for Resolutions!
- Presentation slides for “Be It Resolved”…Time for Resolutions! webinar
- Recording of “Be It Resolved”…Time for Resolutions! webinar
April 19, 2018: Creating an Inclusive Culture of Volunteer Engagement
- Presentation slides for Creating an Inclusive Culture of Volunteer Engagement webinar
- Recording of Creating an Inclusive Culture of Volunteer Engagement webinar
May 23, 2018: Dealing with Difficult People and Conflicts