Has this happened to you? You intended to go to the PTA training, but you a) got home late; b) couldn’t find a sitter; c) were too tired for a long drive at night.
The Solution is Here: NYS PTA Webinars!
NYS PTA is hosting a series of webinar trainings for local and region PTA leaders. You can train at home, with a friend, or at a PTA meeting; all you need is a computer with good internet connection or a phone to participate via conference call. Details on how to participate will be e-mailed prior to each webinar session.
All leadership webinars are recorded so you can watch them anytime. You can also download all the presentation slides and follow along. Scroll down to view the previous webinars and download the slides.
Please email RSVP@nyspta.org to reserve your spot today! You will also receive all the materials and login information early.
2019-20 Leadership Webinars
NYS PTA proudly announces a third series of webinar training for local and region PTA leaders in 2019-20.
You will find it easy to train at home, at a PTA meeting, or with friends anywhere – all you need is a computer with a good internet connection, or a phone for a conference call.
Upcoming webinar topics:
The Region PTA: All about Region PTAs and what they do –
Thursday January 16, 2020 @ 8:30 pm
Dial-in number (US): (425) 585-6880 Online meeting ID: nyspta
Join the online meeting: https://join.startmeeting.com/nyspta
Ever wonder how you can get that PTA question answered (from a reliable source)? Or who could help you with any issues you may be having with your PTA? One of the resources provided by NYS PTA is an appointed local leader in your area, a Region Director who oversees the Region PTA. Region PTAs can be of great assistance and provide training and other resources to your unit/council. Or, maybe you know about your Region PTA and are ready to take the next step in your PTA journey but aren’t sure of how to become a part of the Region PTA. Join us for an informative discussion on what YOUR Region PTA does, how it can help and how you can become a part of a Region board! Presented by Gracemarie Rozea, Immediate Past NYS PTA President.
Nominations and Elections – Tues., February 25, 2020 @ 8:30 pm
Learn all about the job of the nominating committee and the way to conduct a successful PTA election, including how to form the nominating committee, help it function properly, run a valid election, handle nominations from the floor, and deal with any difficulties that arise.
Questions? Contact Patty Frazier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Leadership Webinars
Building Great Relationships with School and District Leadership [December 18, 2019] Presented by Antoinette Darden-Cintron
- Presentation slides for Building Great Relationships with School and District Leadership
- Recording of Building Great Relationships with School and District Leadership
Family Engagement: Welcoming All Families in Your School Community [November 13, 2016]
- Presentation slides for Family Engagement: Welcoming All Families in your School Community
- Recording of Family Engagement: Welcoming All Families in your School Community
Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers [October 16, 2019]
- Presentation slides for Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers webinar
- Recording of Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers webinar
- 30-point checklist for Fiscal Fitness for Units: a Guide for Treasurers webinar
Bylaws and Procedures: Navigating the Way through Your PTA [October 9, 2018]
Together is Better: Your Building‐Unit Partnership in Advocacy [November 15, 2018]
- Presentation slides for Together is Better: Your Building‐Unit Partnership in Advocacy
- Recording of Together is Better: Your Building‐Unit Partnership in Advocacy webinar
Nominations and Elections [February 28, 2019]
- Presentation slides for Nominations and Elections webinar
- Recording of Nominations and Elections webinar
- Nominating Committee Checklist
- Letter to the Membership
- Sample Recommendation Form
- PTA Leadership Handout
- Sample Acceptance Letter
- Sample Report of the Nominating Committee
- Resource Guide Section 7 – Bylaws and Procedures
Transitions & Transformations: Effective Transitions for your PTA [April 3, 2019]
- Presentation slides for the Transitions & Transformations webinar
- Recording of Transitions & Transformations webinar
“Be It Resolved”…Time for Resolutions! [January 17, 2018]
- Presentation slides for “Be It Resolved”…Time for Resolutions! webinar
- Recording of “Be It Resolved”…Time for Resolutions! webinar
Creating an Inclusive Culture of Volunteer Engagement [April 19, 2018]
- Presentation slides for Creating an Inclusive Culture of Volunteer Engagement webinar
- Recording of Creating an Inclusive Culture of Volunteer Engagement webinar
Dealing with Difficult People and Conflicts [May 23, 2018]